Dilbert readers – Please visit Dilbert.com to read this feature. Due to changes with our feeds, we are now making this RSS feed a link to Dilbert.com.
Asia is so often the vanguard of new tech trends: how about dedicating walking lanes for people using mobile phones? That’s what is happening in Chongqing City, where the country’s first “exclusive sidewalk for mobile phone users” has been introduced, according to the People’s Daily newspaper. Chongqing City has set up China’s 1st “exclusive sidewalk for mobile phone users ” to avoid possible crashes on Fri pic.twitter.com/jFiCbbE1yk — People’s Daily,China (@PDChina) September 13, 2014 As someone who often suffers the pain of walking behind pedestrians who are glued to their smartphone, this mad-cap idea might actually be useful. But we can’t…
This story continues at The Next Web
The post This Chinese city has special walking lanes for pedestrians who can’t put their phones down appeared first on The Next Web.
Netflix has finally said ‘bonjour’ to France after the video-on-demand site marked its long-awaited arrival in the country, another part of its ambitious European expansion program. Announced via a tweet, Netflix’s imminent arrival has had French broadcasters scrambling for a response. Top broadcaster Canal Play has been investing in online services, while others are offering stacks of free content online to combat the new arrival. Things may not be plain sailing however. Set-top boxes are hugely popular media channels in France, where they are offered as part of internet-TV-phone deals, and, for now, Netflix is not offered by the all-powerful set-top box…
This story continues at The Next Web
The post Netflix makes its much-anticipated debut in France appeared first on The Next Web.
More shots have been fired. Fresh from going after Apple with new videos that attack the products it launched last week — and even the bumpy coverage of its livestream broadcast — Samsung is now focusing on the fact that it launched a bigger smartphone first. In the video below, the Korean company digs into media reports which ridiculed the Note for being too big, and highlights those who suggest that Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus “imitates” the Note. We doubt Apple will return fire directly. Apple CEO Tim Cook already threw some shade when he told PBS that Google is the company’s chief…
This story continues at The Next Web
The post New Samsung ad claims Apple’s iPhone 6 Plus ‘imitates’ the Galaxy Note appeared first on The Next Web.
Earlier this month, Motorola officially announced the new Moto X, its latest flagship smartphone, offering enhanced specs and a slew of customizable options. But when is it actually availble for sale? Motorola has just shed some light on this question. From Tuesday September 16, pre-orders will open in the US for the Moto X (AT&T and Pure Edition), as well as the Moto Hint and turbo charger accessories. In related news, the Moto 360 smartwatch will be back in stock the same day in the US too. The Moto X on AT&T will set you back $99 on a two-year…
This story continues at The Next Web
The post Motorola’s latest flagship, the Moto X, will be available for pre-order in the US on Sept. 16 appeared first on The Next Web.




